A geofence is a virtual perimeter that defines a specific geographic location on the map. Geofences can be used to label locations, create no-go zones, and/or to create keep-in zones.
When Assets enter or exit Zones, Events are created that can be used to trigger Alerts. A zone can also have set speed limits and proximity warnings, which is a circular area around the zone. Events are also created for an Asset entering and exiting the proximity of a zone, which can also be used to create Alerts.
SureCam View platforms combined with SureCam's GPS equipped hardware grants you access to geofencing. The steps below will walk you through setting up a geofence on SureCam View and View Pro.
- Sign into track.surecam.com.
- Starting on the overview tab, find the location on the map for which you would like to create a geofence around.
- Tip: Location addresses can be searched using the map tools (see below)
- (optional) In the map tools, see above. Click the icon in the map tools to change the map view (Streets, Hybrid, Satellite).
- Once you've located the location you would like to create a geofence around, click the icon in the map tools.
- Next, select the second dropdown option, "Draw a zone polygon".
- Now, click your mouse at the starting point of the geofence you are creating.
- Click to continue drawing the geofence shape around the location you are creating.
- To close the location perimeter, just click the very first point to close the shape.
- Next, enter the zone details on the pop-up.
Tip: There are three types of zones on the platform, as described below:
Zone Type Color Overview Location Blue The name of the Location appears in the telemetry, and overwrites the address where the Asset is. No Go Red The normal street address appears in the telemetry. The location will be marked Red on the map. Keep In Green The normal street address appears in the telemetry. The location will be marked Green on the map.
- Lastly, click the button on the bottom right of the pop-up to save your geofence.