Switching to something new can be a bit intimidating at first. Not to worry! The process of swapping out devices is simple and can be laid out in a few steps for you!
Please perform the following steps with the ignition turned off on the vehicle.
- First, unplug the 6-pin connector of the current 3G camera installed into your vehicle.
- Next, remove the camera from the mount (This is where you will also want to check the wiring if advised) *See image for reference
- You will then want to place your new combined antenna onto the windshield using this excerpt from the installation guide: Mounting and Connecting the Combined Antenna
- Lastly, attach the new camera to the mount and hook up the antenna connections (Blue to Blue, Red to Red)/6-pin power connector
- After the previous steps are taken, you can then power the vehicle on and wait to verify the light sequence, which should be Solid Green, Flashing Red, Solid Orange.
- Perform a button press to verify footage and you are all set!
SureCam Wiring (US Clients)
Feel free to reference our Dual-Facing Camera (INTERIOR secondary camera) Installation Guide or Dual-Facing Camera (EXTERIOR secondary camera) Installation Guide for specifics on installing dual cams.