Self-installing cameras can be an intimidating task. We'd like to highlight some key points to bear in mind when you are installing your SureCam devices.
1. Mount Selection: You’ll receive 2 mounts with each SureCam camera installation kit.
- The larger mount is designed for smaller vehicles such as cars / pickup trucks (light commercial vehicles) or vans
- The smaller mount is designed for heavy-duty vehicles (Kenworths, Peterbilts, Macks, Freightliners, Internationals, Western Stars etc.)
2. Wiring: Your power cable contains 5 wires.
- Please only use 3 cables - Black to ignition, Red to a constant source & Brown to ground. This is SureCam's global wiring scheme — any errors can cause the device to malfunction.
3. Antenna (dual devices only): The combined LTE/GPS antenna included in the kit will have a side marked “Face to Satellite.”
- Please ensure when adhering to the windshield that the “Face to Satellite” side is facing the sky
- The proper connections to the camera are blue lead to GPS & red lead to LTE
4. Secondary camera alignment (interior dual devices only) The interior secondary camera has a thin engraved line on its exterior, which must face vertically upwards for the footage to be aligned.
5. Connecting secondary camera (dual devices only): The secondary camera must be plugged into the PINK connector attached to the camera. For queries on other connection leads, please see our online installation guide materials.
For any additional queries, please refer to our installation guide materials or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org (US Clients) or CustomerServiceUK@SureCam.com (global clients).