Self-installing cameras can be an intimidating task. We'd like to highlight some key points to bear in mind when you are installing your SureCam devices.
1. Mount Selection: You’ll receive 2 mounts with each SureCam camera installation kit.
- The larger mount is designed for smaller vehicles such as cars / pickup trucks (light commercial vehicles) or vans
- The smaller mount is designed for heavy-duty vehicles (Kenworths, Peterbilts, Macks, Freightliners, Internationals, Western Stars etc.)
2. Wiring: Your power cable contains 5 wires.
- Please only use 3 cables - Black to ignition, Red to a constant source & Brown to ground. This is SureCam's global wiring scheme — any errors can cause the device to malfunction.
3. Antenna (dual devices only): The combined LTE/GPS antenna included in the kit will have a side marked “Face to Satellite.”
- Please ensure when adhering to the windshield that the “Face to Satellite” side is facing the sky
- The proper connections to the camera are blue lead to GPS & red lead to LTE
4. Secondary camera alignment (interior dual devices only) The interior secondary camera has a thin engraved line on its exterior, which must face vertically upwards for the footage to be aligned.
5. Connecting secondary camera (dual devices only): The secondary camera must be plugged into the PINK connector attached to the camera. For queries on other connection leads, please see our online installation guide materials.