If you're seeing inaccurate tracking information, there maybe an issue with your SureCam device's GPS connectivity.
When functioning appropriately, your device will display a solid orange light found in the lower-left portion of your camera. This indicates that your device is connected to the GPS signal.
The orange LED light occasionally displays a fast flashing pattern when powering on. This should resolve within a few minutes. However, a prolonged slow flashing pattern could indicate an issue with GPS connectivity. Please review our guide below for troubleshooting steps:
Flashing Orange LED light guide:
|Light Sequence||Meaning||Action Required|
|Indicates GPS is on and functioning correctly||None|
Indicates the camera is powering on
Fast Flashing Power Cycle Steps
- Power the camera down by turning off the vehicle.
- Once completely powered down, press and hold the camera button while turning the ignition of the vehicle back on, keeping the camera button pressed for a full 30 seconds after powering on the vehicle.
- Release the hold on the camera button.
- If Power Cycle does not restore functionality, please attempt to perform a hard reset on your device.
- If the normal light sequence is not restored through the steps above, please reach out to Support@SureCam.com (for US clients) or CustomerServiceUK@SureCam.com (for global clients) for further assistance.
Additional Trouble Shooting Techniques:
We also recommend performing a hard reset on your device to troubleshoot any connectivity issues. You can learn more about performing a hard reset in our Hard Reset Guide. Please note that all LED light troubleshooting needs to be done with access to a GPS signal and the cellular network. For this purpose, we recommend that troubleshooting is done with the vehicle outside with no signal obstruction from buildings. Please also note that troubleshooting should be completed with the vehicle is in park with the ignition turned on. Troubleshooting should not be performed while driving.