When Would I Need To Submit a Video Pull Request?
When an incident occurs that exceeds your camera's customized G-force trigger settings, a 15 second recorded video clip from your SureCam connected camera will automatically be saved and uploaded to your online dashboard for your review.
After reviewing the footage, some people find that they want to see video from a larger window of time around the incident to get a better understanding of what happened. They might also want to upload footage from a specific time of day that did not necessarily trigger an event.
In order to receive the desired video, our North American clients will need to send an email to Support@SureCam.com for assistance. Our global clients will need to reach out to CustomerServiceUK@SureCam.com. The following steps below will outline how to submit a video pull request, and what information you should include for a successful video retrieval.
Video Pull Email Instructions:
A Support Agent will review your request and upload the desired footage to your online dashboard.
2. Please include the following information and formatting in your email:
Please include the phrase "Video Pull Request" in the subject line of the email. In the body of your message, please be sure to include the following information:
- Device identification such as vehicle license plate number or device serial number. These can be found directly in your online platform and will allow us to search for the specific vehicle involved.
- Date of time of the requested footage as well as any additional information about the location or the accident that occurred. This allows us to narrow our search and help locate a specific incident that may not have triggered an event.
- The time zone of the vehicle during the incident or requested time frame.
3. Special Considerations
When submitting video requests, it can be helpful to keep take the following information into consideration:
- Our Support Team is typically available between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CST for our North American clients and between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM UTC for our global clients. If your request is submitted after standard business hours, please follow the steps outlined here to temporarily disable your device's continuous recording in order to prevent loss of footage during the retrieval process.
- Please note that there are time constraints on how far back in time video footage will be able to be retrieved. Contacting Support as quickly as possible when video footage is needed is a very important step in retrieving the desired footage.
- Uploading too much footage at once to our online platform can interfere with the operations of your camera SD card. We typically recommend manually removing the SD card and manually downloading footage for timespans longer than 15-20 minutes. Our guide can walk you through the steps of retrieving the SD card from your device.
4. Check your email regularly for a response from support.
A representative may follow up with additional questions based on the nature of your request. Please check your inbox regularly so we may assist you in a timely manner.