SureCam runs a weekly account audit every Tuesday. If your account requires attention, your Customer Success Account Manager will set you up on a weekly recurring, “Customer Error Report”. The weekly report will be 3 or 4 pages. Here’s a breakdown of how to interpret the information on the Customer Error Report.
- SD Card Errors: This page specifies any SD card errors detected on your devices (1 denotes error).
There are a few different errors that you are most likely to see on this report. Here are the steps to take for each error:
- SD Card Not Found: This error is normally shown when the SD Card is removed from the camera. The SD Card should be replaced even if there is one in the camera.
- SD Card Partition Not Found: This issue can normally be resolved with an SD card reformat. Reach out to support for troubleshooting.
- SD Card Corrupted: This error is seen when the SD card has become corrupted. It is normal for SD Cards to become corrupted during their lifetime*. The SD Card must be replaced if it has become corrupted.
- SD Card Not Properly Inserted: This error is shown when the SD card is not seated correctly in the SD card slot. To resolve this, the SD Card must be removed from the camera and reinserted until a 'click' is heard.
*SD cards are consumable items that may need replacement over time, typically after 2-3 years of use
- Offline Report: This page specifies any devices that have not connected in the past 7 days (1 denotes offline for the listed week).
This report keeps a running tally for the past 5 weeks. You may see vehicles show up and fall off of this list, depending on whether the vehicle was running each week.
IMPORTANT: Please contact SureCam Support if any devices show offline, despite the vehicle running, so we can troubleshoot.
- Not Installed: This page lists devices that have never connected since they were added to your account (1 denotes device never connected / not installed). This report will help you keep track of devices that are pending installation.
- Electrical Errors: Potential Constant Wiring Missing (This may not be on your monthly report)
This page is not a default page of the Customer Error Report and is primarily added to the report on a case-by-case basis.
You can utilize this page to make sure all wiring on your vehicle is correct and secure. This page covers events that trigger in the case of a device showing a kl30_low event, which indicates that the wiring on the vehicle may not be correct. This can put a lot of strain on the camera, resulting in not allowing it to receive crucial updates for optimal performance/connectivity.
As a reminder, SureCam's wiring scheme is Black to Ignition, Red to Constant, Brown to Ground.
If you have any questions about the items listed on your error report, please submit a ticket to SureCam Support via Support@SureCam.com (US) or CustomerServiceUK@SureCam.com (global) for further assistance.