There are two methods we recommend for mounting your secondary camera: the adhesive method and the screw mount method. Which mounting technique you decide to go with depends on your goals for footage capture. For more detailed information around mounting your connected camera, check out our dual-facing camera installation guide.
Screw Mount Method:
The U-Mount has two mounting holes that allow it to be secured to a mounting surface using
small self-tapping or countersunk screws. Choose a rigid mounting surface like the a-pillar, dash, or plastic lining inside of the vehicle for the best result. Please note that SureCam does not supply the self-tapping or countersunk screws for installation using the screw mount method:
- Place the u-mount in the desired position within the cab.
- Mark the desired positioning using the two mounting holes located on the mount.
- Once you have selected and marked the position, tap or drill small holes in the
- Secure the u-mount to the mounting surface using two small countersunk screws.
The adhesive backing on your secondary camera allows for ease of installation and is a great option for mounting into the vehicle's windshield. However, if the ball camera is removed at any point after installation, the adhesive will no longer be effective. At that point, it is recommended you utilize the screw mount method or reach out to support at Support@SureCam.com (US clients) or CustomerServiceUK@SureCam.com (global clients) for additional assistance.
To use the adhesive method, follow the steps below:
- Before removing the adhesive backing, determine the position you would like the place your camera within the vehicle and hold it near the stop to ensure proper fit.
- Remove the red backing tape and stick the u-mount to the window in the desired
- Press firmly around the perimeter of the u-mount, starting from the center and
working your way outward, until it is fixed securely to the windshield.
- Visually inspect the u-mount from the front of the vehicle to ensure there are no
bubbles and the adhesive is securely bonded to the window.