Welcome to SureCam LiveCheck. This guide will walk you through the steps of using SureCam’s LiveCheck feature. LiveCheck can be used to:
- Remotely check on the status of a vehicle, including the secondary camera
- Conduct randomized safety and policy checks
- Understand the context behind a call-in, driver request or customer request
Navigating to the LiveCheck Feature
The Geotab integration is located within your Geotab platform! If you cannot locate the SureCam add-in, please pass this along to your Geotab administrator so they can make adjustments to your user settings.
- Go to your Geotab platform.
- Locate the SureCam tab in the list on the left side of the platform.
- Note: You can find it by locating our aperture logo or by expanding the list with the arrow at the bottom left.
How-To: Perform a LiveCheck
- After navigating to the tab, select the feature in the side bar.
- Next, select the vehicle for which you would like to initiate a LiveCheck by clicking the button on the right.
- Tip: Vehicles marked with 'online' under status are able to initiate a LiveCheck. Offline indicates the vehicle is inactive and will need to be powered on before a LiveCheck can be initiated.
- Select whether you would like to initiate a LiveCheck from Camera 1, the road facing angle or, if applicable, Camera 2 (i.e. driver facing or exterior facing angle).
- Click the "Request LiveCheck" button to initiate the LiveCheck.
- Note: The device will begin uploading frames in real-time. Frames are uploaded every several seconds.
- If applicable, to toggle between camera views, click the camera dropdown and change your selection.
- Your LiveCheck request will be active for 30 seconds. To continue the stream of images, simply click the "Request LiveCheck" button again for another 30 second stream.
- Note: Some LiveCheck requests may be delayed, or experience a lag in images based on the network connectivity of the device in the area at the time.
- To go back, click the 'X' in the top right of the window.